Friday, February 22, 2013

Surfing check!

And as i told you i'd be trying to update our baler getaway somewhere this week, but i guess today it is! i have the time of my life this afternoon, boyfriend just left an hour ago to work so just decided to get done with the unfinished business tadaaay!

 I did not talk much about SURFING yesterday because it was part of our day 3, yesterdays post was more of  day 1 & 2 consisting all the places we visited, all the feeling involved in climbing, walking and whatsoever. =) so today this will probably a quick post on our surfing experience, well it is gonna go by fast since i don't have enough pictures to show you. Jay and i went to baler as a couple, do random things as a couple and do take some pictures for each other. We did surfing together, so there was no one to take a snap for us while riding the waves. i know it could have been so much better if i have pictures of both of us standing on our boards with the waves, but depressingly i do not have of those.


prepping to paddle on! photo taken by our  instructor

so most of my friends that wanted to try surfing often asks how was it? was it fun? is it scary? did you even get to stand on your board? so much of those questions well i have all the answers with me just so bummed out to the fact i do not have pictures to show them =(

HOW WAS BALER? Baler could be one of the place you can do surfing, but if you are looking for some night life kind of beach like puerto G. Baler is not the place, Sabang beach are mainly for surfing only. I did not even get to see people swimming on the beach without a board.

HOW WAS THE EXPERIENCE? It was indeed an awesome experience especially for me and jay. it was part of our bucket list and we both crossed it out at the same time. It's like fulfilling a dream (okay, i'm exaggerating) but for me it was somehow an accomplishment, it was big for me..

IS IT SCARY? well first- i do not know how to swim and just by seeing all those big waves scares the hell out of me! second- i'm not so much of an athlete to actually try those risky stuffs but that day i was a superwoman! I had to rubbed in to my instructor that i do not know how to swim, and i'm scared to death but he made it clear that he got me! that it will be fun and safe. and yup he was really nice and patient with me =)

DID I GET TO STAND ON MY OWN BOARD? Omg! yes i did! miraculously i stood on my board after 65865 waves haha! i had to go hard on myself, i want kuya the instructor to be proud of me because he had been screaming his lungs out cheering for me to get that wave with me! And hey so i did really like maybe a good 7 times i did not fall =)  On the other hand, my boyfriend stood there like it was his sport at all! he did it right away after his first wave even, he just got it, he has no fears at all! i'm such a loser =( lol.

he was so excited morning before we surf!



After our surfing experience, btw i have my own board my instructor
carried it up and it was PINK =) 
 That's about it and our surfing. i was thankful for my instructor for being patient with me my last wave was the bomb and i got him screaming. Jay was so proud of me, i conquered my fear with him and we both had our surfing checked out on our bucket list. So for all of those who wanted to try this out i totally recommend it! it's fun and achieving.  Oh but your body or more of your upper extremities will be sore after a day though, my sore went away after 2 days but it was okay NO PAIN, NO GAIN =) Thanks for reading!

xoxo, Izzay <3

No comments:

Post a Comment